Sunday, June 30, 2013

My birthday weekend!

Thursday was my birthday, and on Friday my Dad visited and we tooled around Southern NH.  Friday we went to Portsmouth and saw the USS Albacore, a retired experimental submarine.

IMG_1852

It was really cool! The tour was self-guided, and we got to see where people lived on the sub.  My dad got some awesome pictures of me in the tight bunks and sitting in the mess.  The best part, to me, was how they seemed to fit everything to support themselves on such a small ship.  That was some legit organization!  Can you imagine working in this office?

IMG_1857

Then we went to Hampton Beach and had lobster rolls on the beach and admired the sand sculptures. Have you ever had a lobster roll? I wasn't impressed.  I thought the amount of lobster they gave me would be enough for three sandwiches!

IMG_1877

Between the lobster roll, the oyster that I tried (BLECH), and the drinks we had I felt pretty sick on Friday, but I was fine after sleeping it off and going into Boston yesterday!


We took the train in from Lowell and got to see the USS Constitution.  We didn't want to wait in line for a tour - it was hot! But we got to see the ship and the ship's museum before going to Bunker Hill. 

IMG_1883

Then we walked down the greenway to the aquarium, where we DID wait in line for an hour to get it - but it was so worth it!

I love the Boston Aquarium. I didn't get as many photos as the last time I went, but I got some good ones!

IMG_1898
IMG_1901

After that we headed back to Concord for some Mexican Food.

My dad left this morning, so I'm going to use the day to catch up on chores and just relax.  After three days I'm ready to head back to work and be productive!

6 comments:

  1. No I cannot imagine having that tiny room/closet as my office.
    What a fantastic sand sculpture.
    Glad you had fun. ...no to Relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I'm glad you had fun. I'm not a fan of oysters either, but I've never had lobster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I looooove a good lobster roll, but have never had oysters! Need to change that, stat. I love seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the seadragons! I wish I'd known you were in town, we could have got together. I live one stop away from the aquarium via the blue line. Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I LOVE lobster rolls, but only the ones I make myself. Out they are mostly overpriced and not very good.

    We toured the Constitution a few years ago. LOVED it. Our guide was VERY good. We haven't been to the Boston Aquarium. Looks like it would be well worth a visit next time we go to Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! sorry Im a bit late! I'm glad you had a cool day- great pictures :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...