Sunday, June 16, 2013

My First Mountain

IMG_1805

Yesterday I climbed my very first mountain, Mt. Monadnock in Jaffery, NH.  It was AWESOME! Okay, some parts I thought I was going to trip on a rock and break my leg, fall backwards off a cliff face, or pass out from sheer exhaustion. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

STA_1790

IMG_1795

But the views were great.  We took a longer path up, and were under the trees for the hotter part of the day.  Just as we were starting to get tired, the views started getting better.

IMG_1818

IMG_1829

Up at the top is was so beautiful. We had to crawl up over rocks to get there, but it was worth it! Dan ate a sandwich, which he called "the best sandwich of my life." I was so tired and I didn't want to eat anything.  I drank gatorade and had red peppers.

The way down we took the White Cross Trail, and I'm REALLY happy that we didn't take that up.  I think that the path we chose was the best choice.

IMG_1823

Did you have a good weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe, well done! reading your post brought back a lot of memories from when I climbed my first mountain ever (with school)- mount Snowdon :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to shave your legs ........oh wait ....the hairy legs are probably Dan's. ;-)

    Glad you had fun on your hike.

    We did "flatland" hiking today, but man .....it was HOT and humid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allyson What an AWESOME post. I know that hunger and best sandwich ever feeling. I had it last kayaking down an icy river on New years day years ago in the Happy canoeyear paddle.
    Thanks for great images today

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...