Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend Adventures

Lately I have not been doing a lot of crafting, but Dan and I have been trying to do activities on the weekends.  A few weekends ago we planted flower boxes...

IMG_1744

Last weekend we were going to go mountain climbing but it was too hot.  This weekend, we drove to Madison, NH to see the Madison Boulder.

IMG_1754

IMG_1760

I have a weird thing for natural oddities.  The Madison Boulder is a giant erratic that was deposited during the last ice age.  It's as big as a whale!

On the way back, we passed a little railroad that was giving rides in exchange for donations, and the last train had just pulled in when drove by... so we had to go! I'm really glad we did, the view was nice and we got to see bogs of water lilies and mountains.

IMG_1764

IMG_1771

IMG_1767

I AM knitting, I'm just not doing a lot of anything impressive or blog-able.  I'm amazed how fast other bloggers have been finishing projects.  I barely feel like I've been making a dent on anything.  Hopefully I'll finish SOMETHING soon.  Even the socks that I'm working on feel like they're just dragging along.  I'm on the heel flap of the first sock, but I feel like I'm going to have really bad second sock syndrome!

IMG_1746

2 comments:

  1. Getting out and exploring is so much more important than knitting. (Can you believe I WROTE THAT???? LOL)

    Love that big boulder. Looks like it is blocking the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUt those socks are extraordinary and I could never knit them!!!

    choo choo love that train!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...