Sunday, June 23, 2013

Knitting Update

I am actually knitting and crafting, it's just that my craft basket is so full that even though I spend time on the stuff, nothing is really getting done because I am flitting from one project to another.  Okay, I only really have four projects (three knitting, one needlepoint) but that's a lot for me!

IMG_1833

My Rock Island shawl is still chugging along.  I'm halfway through the charted section, and everytime I pull it out it is like I'm looking at a giant peony, folded up in a tiny bag.  I have had a thing for peonies lately, I'm not sure what it is. Even though I know the pattern by memory the needles I'm using are so dull and the lace is so fine that I pretty much have to look at it while I'm working, so this is my project for when Dan is playing video games and I'm watching "for the story."

Definitely for the story, definitely not because I can put my head on his shoulder whenever I want.

IMG_1832

My sweater that I told myself I was DEFINITELY going to make is actually progressing! I'm almost finished with the armhole shaping, and it looks like it will fit me.  Of course, I have no clue, and it probably isn't a smart thing to commit so much time to making something when you're in the process of losing weight, but it's the perfect mindless stockinette stitch that I can do while watching Hulu.  So I'm going to keep going, even though I know sooner or later I'll be sitting here typing about how I CAN'T BELIEVE things went so wrong, WHY DID I DO THIS, etc.

IMG_1844

And my Pomatomus socks? I love them.  I work on them during D&D, in the car on adventures, and whenever I don't feel like working on other stuff.

Hope everyone else's projects are going well.  I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day before I have to go to work tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I would say your are in a pink phase. All your projects look beautiful.

    I'm losing weight too, but I would worry too much about the sweater. A little bit too big is much better than too small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody loves pink. ;)

    I'm glad you're knitting again! Also, let's see that needlepoint project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah variety..the spice of knit life. Your sweater may just surprise you.....It could be perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...