Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Finished My Hat!

Okay, so it's not MY hat, it's Dan's, but anyway, it's done!

IMG_1455

I really like how easy it is to make the garter stitch in the round. I saw tutorials for doing it without purling, but I actually don't mind purling, especially if it means not turning my work over.  I always get confused when that happens! You just work with two threads, and try not to forget to pick one up when you reach it... Not that I ever did that, noooooo.

IMG_1462

I took more pictures in the spirit of the last "photo shoot" - I put the hat on his head and took photos while he was playing video games.  Yep, we have a special relationship.

I love natural light and all, but my camera just wasn't picking up the blue.  I keep saying I want to get curtains but if we're going to be moving anytime in the future... I will regret spending a weekend sewing curtains.  So I did my best to block the light from the blinds and got this:

IMG_1460

I still have half a skein left, so the next time we go to Portland I'll have to pick up another and make myself some alpaca mittens. It's been chilly around here, and the other morning when I was getting snow off my car I swear I got frostbite even though I was wearing my super-expensive new gloves I got for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Somebody looks pretty darn cute in his awesome new hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hat success!!! I LOVE Your garter hat...I may have to knit one. I love the light striping your hat ...
    aren't our male non knitting pals grateful when we ask for blog images/??not!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...