Friday, January 11, 2013

FO: Beachy Socks

I finally finished my beachy socks! I'm really happy with them.  Which is kind of laughable.

IMG_1406

They don't match at all. It took me three months to make them.  They aren't in any kind of pattern or style of any sort.  They don't show my skill at cables, colorwork, or lace. They just look nice and feel nice when I wear them.  That's all I need to knit right now.

IMG_1408

I'm a little sad because as I was finishing the heel of the second sock, Dan said that he liked the colors and asked if I would make him a pair next.  The yarn leftover looked like I had barely finished half, so I told him that I would check and if I hadn't hit the halfway point I would make him ankle socks.  Well, I weighed them and lo and behold... I'm just over half.   Of course, the first time my significant other is visibly interested in a yarn... I don't have enough to make what he'd like.  Such is life.

But, he's getting a hat from me because I feel bad.  And also, he bought the yarn to make said hat in July. And I hadn't even started.  More on that later, hehe.

Also, I need a light box.  My work schedule is so long (about 12 hours everyday because my commute is and hour both ways) and the days are so short.  I'll have to throw it into the hopper of "things I want to have."  Other people have those, right?

IMG_1407

Anyway, I have to go take these socks off now because I wore them on Monday (my first day of work, for good luck) and they are a little... fresh... because I dug them out of the dirty clothes hamper to take photos of them... Knit blog problems.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute socks. Would you have enough for his socks if you made contrasting heels, toes and ribbing?

    Is that an afterthought heel? I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! My man also asked for a pair of socks for the first time. I let him pick out his own yarn, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks! Non-matchy socks are the best. :-) I need to make a pair of socks soon. It's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks! The stripes with that heel look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...