Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Recap

Well, a whole year is over.  Weird.  And I didn't really do much crafting.

mosaic8d99fbefc7da46bba0581e5733ee4701f8eb40ce

I made a ton of bricks for an installation with Hooks and Needles in May. I made myself two pairs of socks, made a chameleon for my friend, my boyfriend a scarf, and a mountain of hedgehogs.  That's really it. 

It seems a little depressing, but I was doing other things! I finished grad school, wrote my graduate project on something that I knew absolutely nothing about (in 6 months!), worked two full-time jobs while doing this project (one that had 12-hour shifts), broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years, got a new boyfriend, moved to New Hampshire, and am starting my forever job on Monday.  I may not have crafted a lot, but I've accomplished so much it's staggering.

2013 is going to be a fun year.  I'm going to be working at a job I love, living with Dan, and volunteering.  I can't wait.  I have a lot of goals.  I want to publish all the patterns that I have hanging around half finished, for one - there are so many papers and notes cluttering my things.  I also want to get a grip on my yarn stash. I think that most of my projects this year will be from my stash.

Hope you have a happy new year, and all your resolutions work out!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was an important year. The wonderful thing about crafts is they wait for you. Other things won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'd say you accomplished quite a bit! Congratulations on weathering a tumultuous year, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a very interesting 2013. What kind of job did you get? Good luck in your new position. Wishing you great things this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! What did you say the forever job is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No more homework? that frees up so.much. knitting time! it is the whole reason I started knitting, i didn't have anything else to do in my free, non-homework time!
    Congrats on a great year, even if you feel sorta lame in the knitting dept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you had a n amazing year.!! Graduating is monumental.

    I cant wait to see your patterns. SOUnds like 2013 is going to be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...