Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sharing a Project

IMG_1420

I've been working on something for a long time but just never blogged about it.  It's something I've been working on for about a year.

IMG_1415

The layman's term is "Rock Island" but I have been referring to it as "The Lacecide Pact." Why? Because three of us in Hooks and Needles decided to start this together.  The first meeting, we were literally in tears over the pattern.  I think I knit the first repeat of the first chart 6 times before I was confident that I got it right.

Oh, and did I mention that you knit that first chart 71 times? What!? Ain't no one got time for that.

IMG_1417

Except I do, apparently.  I hit my 50th repeat today, a little over a year after I started.  If I make this my only long-term project, I might even finish it this year!

It doesn't look like a shawl.  It looks like a very long centipede.

IMG_1418

I'm not sure if my friends have been working on their versions, I lost touch with one and the other is in grad school (and, I love her, but she has serial startitis) so our KAL might have turned into a KAL of one.

So, phew, my secret is out! I'm sure everyone has projects that they just don't blog about.  Right now, though, I only have this shawl and my hat.  And my carpal tunnel, which keeps me from knitting too fast.

Have a great week!

bugs

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful pattern. Are the black threads life lines?

    I love the color you chose. So, get knitting. I need to see what it looks like all finished. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggh! I've had projects like that. Keep going, don't let it win the battle, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so brave!
    I hope you really do finish and show off sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the black threads were lifelines at first too, and they may be. But I think I've figured out that they're also to count how many repeats you've done? That's clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lifeline/row count threads are an excellent idea. It looks really good! That's a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty colour yarn! I think it will look so nice when it is finished! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...