Sunday, December 6, 2015

Vancouver Trip Photos

I went to Vancouver! There was a training for work, and Dan has an extra week of vacation than me, so he tagged along. It was really great having him, since work trips on your own without any coworkers can get really lonely. It also gave me an excuse to go out and do touristy stuff (it can be awkward doing that stuff on your own - I did it this summer in Frankfurt and New Orleans when I went, so I know I CAN do it, it's just depressing!)

Obviously there were a lot of obnoxious couple selfies - but I figured for my blog, it'd be better to share the good photos that I took! So, here they are:

IMG_3951
Pulled pork pancakes at the Red Wagon Cafe. I strongly believe everyone should make a pilgrimage to experience these. I ate them two breakfasts in a row.


IMG_3950
Lights in Gastown. We spent a lot of nights walking around downtown Vancouver, since my training was 8-5.


20151129_121402
Looking up a tree in Capilano Forest. We went to the Vancouver Art Gallery a few days later and I saw a painting that looked just like this. I guess great minds think alike!


20151129_114909
Sun shining through the trees in the Capilano Rainforest. Yes, we spent two hours (and paid a ton of money) walking through a rainforest in Canada! I thought it was worth it, but of course I spitefully read every sign did every activity, and took a bazillion photos to get my money's worth :)
20151129_122814
The view walking across the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

20151128_105602
A flower at the Bloedel Conservatory. I'm actually really proud that I managed to take this on my phone. (My camera lens had fogged up.)


20151128_105344
Weird cabbage plants at Bloedel Conservatory. They actually weren't even planted, they were sitting in a bucket by the door. It was actually pretty ugly looking, but I used artful cropping.


20151128_112022

This last one might be my favorite picture of the week. We were looking at all the finches eating from bird feeders, standing back so that the drove of toddlers can get a closer look, when a guide comes up and asks "Have you seen the nests?" We say no, and he quietly shows us this nest up in the branches! The two finches in it were looking out, and we watched them watch us for a while. After a minute, the Dad (on the left) flew off and you could see chicks peeking out! 

Anyway, that was my week. I brought 1 knitting project (Dan's striped socks) and made good progress! But nothing really worth photographing. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...