Sunday, December 15, 2013

White Sunday

I woke up this morning and all the windows were frosted over... and there was a foot of snow on the ground! :)

IMG_2650

It was actually fun shoveling our 3 flights of stairs.  I'm sure in early March it'll be obnoxious when we're gearing up and trudging through the snow for the ninetieth time, but today it was like a celebration!  We even walked down to the corner store and bought the paper and some beer.


IMG_2649

IMG_2638

It was nice just sitting around knitting and watching movies and stuff.  We also made Christmas cookies... but just baked them.  Hopefully we'll ice them sometime this week... maybe not.  We decorated for Christmas, got a tree, and put up some greens in the flower boxes, but didn't so much.  Our big Christmas purchase was a cute little snow globe with a fox in it.

IMG_2657

And, even better news... my orchid that Dan got me for Valentine's Day last year is blooming again! It even has some new little shoots coming up. Did you hear about the color of the year? It's Orchid! The color of my orchid, the color of my sweater and the color of my socks.  I'm actually a little sick of seeing this color with two projects with it!

IMG_2652

4 comments:

  1. The snow looks so beautiful. I love the picture you took with the red berries!

    Congrats on the rebloom of your phal. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't get quite that much snow..about half that...but I got woken up at midnight, as the snowblower guy was here and snowblowing outside our bedroom window....they came back again this morning...but it was quite a wake-up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a snowy cookie day>! !Im about to do the pain in the neck cut out cookies..but its tradition

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...