Saturday, November 16, 2013

When Okay Ideas Go Wrong

Did you ever get an idea that just didn't work out well when it was executed? I got that a lot when I was drawing a lot - One day I would be working away furiously at something that I thought was the bee's knees, then the next day I would sit down in front of it and think "What was I thinking!?" 

The worst ones would be the ones I actually finished.  I would step back, so proud of my accomplishment, then look at what I'd wasted so much time on... and my pride would shatter.  It would be crap!

Well, this project happened like that.  

IMG_2580

I bought some nice yarn at Stitches - I liked it, it seemed warm and floofy... and I liked the color combination.  It just looked good to me.

On Tuesday, I couldn't find my knitting bag so I grabbed these two balls of yarn and started a hat for myself.  

Today, I finished said hat and tried it on.   First minus, is that it's too small.  The second minus, though, is that I couldn't help thinking that this hat was familiar.  I showed Dan.  "Don't these colors look familiar?"

IMG_2599

He looked at me like I was crazy.   Then I realized.


My hat looks just like Cartman's from South Park!

So, I will probably weave in the ends and donate it somewhere.  It really is a nice hat... if you have a head the size of a cantaloupe and don't know what South Park is.  Or maybe some kid that's a big SP fan will get it and be excited. Because all my excitement for this hat is gone.

I'm sure everyone has a story like this, though!

4 comments:

  1. That's a good one! It is a really nice hat though, it will make a nice donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do. I bought yarn yesterday for a hat. When I knit my swatch I didn't like the colours knit together....back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i busted out laughing when i saw the cartman pic. i never would've guessed if you hadn't pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not alone
    all of us have those knitting blunders
    your SOuth Park realization is pretty funny you have to admit

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...