Sunday, November 10, 2013

Stitches!

So, I also went to Stitches East yesterday with Ash.  We both brought along our boyfriends (hers was unexpectedly in town, mine was just curious.)  I think they did well:

IMG_2566

Note the hands full of bags, the phones browsing reddit, and the "I don't even know how to contribute to this conversation if I wanted to" faces.

I had a really good time! We saw a lot of yarn that I really, really, really wanted to knit with (but didn't buy because you have to draw a line somewhere and if I bought all the yarn I wanted, I would be bankrupt.)

Some stuff that was tempting but I have to share is this:
IMG_2564


IMG_2562


It's yarn that glows in the dark! It's hard to tell because the convention center was really well-lit... but it's still cool!

I also saw this shawl:  It's a pattern called "Starry Night" on Ravelry.
IMG_2570

This sock yarn: UGGHHHHHH... want so bad.
IMG_2568

Anyway, I had a good time and was glad to find stuff to add to my wish list! I also found lots of not-wool stuff to get my friend Alysia for Christmas... :)

4 comments:

  1. THose are two fine men~!!!

    I LOVE the shawl and there is never enough sock yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought I'd misread the label on the shawl, but no, it really is a $20 pattern. Huh. You don't see that every day. I am a sucker for sock yarn. It is the reason I am poor--you know how it is, you decide to treat yourself to something nice because you haven't been buying tons of yarn, then you get a new job and buy a hank to celebrate (still waiting for that to arrive, of course), then your favorite dyer has a trunk show and it's on the way to where you were already headed....I think I need a twelve-step program, although I did at least get some worsted weight at the trunk show as well lol as if that excuses my recent yarn binging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put all your change all year in a jar --- viola! Yarn money!

    That's my goal for 2014 ---- no yarn purchased unless it comes out of my change savings.

    Of course, we all know how well I am with resolutions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that's a pretty good depiction of how most boyfriends/fiances/husbands look at such festivals!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...