Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Watermelon Waltz Socks

I started on a new project with a pretty zauberball that Ash gave me for Christmas.  I did some two at a time toe up socks, and then I realized...

IMG_1463

... they looked kind of boring.  So, of course, I frogged them - even though I was about to turn the heel - and started again! This time striping the sock from both ends.

IMG_1482

It went along great! I love the look of the two stripes! And then... this. Are those stripes!? They don't look like stripes!

IMG_1484

I can just get over it.  It doesn't look too bad! And then I noticed... you can see my "jogless" jogs! You have to look pretty close, but they're there.  And I can't unsee them.

IMG_1487

I mean, my life is going pretty well if the biggest problem I have today is the fact my jogs are showing. 

Oh! And the name! I picked watermelon because the socks are green and pink, and waltz because each stripe is three rounds long.  I'm really proud of my wittiness here :B 



3 comments:

  1. Zauberball definitely has a mind of its own. You just gotta let it do what it is going to do.

    I love the colors. I do believe I have some of that same yarn in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference the colours make being striped. You are one smart knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've also got the alliteration thing going for you, which always makes a title more appealing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...