Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Want to Knit a Sweater

So, I have a few sweater's-worth of yarn in my stash.  Not that I have "enough yarn in my stash to knit a few sweaters."  No, it's different than that.  I have several bags full of skeins in ziploc bags, that I bought with the express purpose of knitting this or that kind of sweater.  I have a giant bag full of cascade 220 superwash that was supposed to be part of a knit along.  I have two gorgeous skeins of worsted weight that I bought at Rhinebeck two years ago, thinking "I know exactly what a sweater will look like from this!"  I have a mixed pack of Berocco vintage and handspun (also purchased at Rhinebeck) that would make a great cardigan with a contrasting yoke... 

We're not going to talk about the cozy cocoon sweater that I knit last year, ok? I gave it to a drag queen, because he was the only person who could wear it well.  I'm serious.

My point is, I have so many plans to knit sweaters, and so little experience actually making them.  So, when I got a very large endowment of very nice yarn, I thought - sweater!

IMG_1521

Then I filled my knitting basket with it and looked at it for three months...

IMG_1524

Then I convinced my boyfriend to hold a bank of it while I spun it into little cakes...

IMG_1529

Then I knit a gauge swatch...

Then I found a perfect pattern that will look nice on me, seems practical, and looks quick...

IMG_1530

I'm all set, right? ... Right?

No.  I need circular needles.

So, everything is set up for me to knit a sweater.  The mise en place is done.  I just have to jump the hurdle and start. Maybe after I get back from my business trip...

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color! Good luck! I'll be rooting you on and maybe I'll get inspiration to start on one of the sweater makings in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just start. You'll be glad you did. So what if it takes forever to finish? When you feel frustrated with it, take breaks for smaller, instant gratification projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go go go....icant wait to see it

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...