Wednesday, July 31, 2013

FINISHED! Well... almost!

On the ride home from Maine I finally finished my shawl, but I didn't have a needle to graft the final few stitches together.  So last night, that was done.  And now, I'm trying to figure out when I'll have a spare hour to wash and block the thing!

IMG_2058

I'm thinking the way things are going (work gives me only about an hour of free time, and we're going hiking Saturday) I think Sunday is my best bet to get it done... here's hoping.

IMG_2059

For now, it's sitting on the back of that couch I hate, so waiting for me to look happily at it while I eat, or read blogs, or whatever it is I'm doing.

P.S. - that's my basil plant in the first picture.  I made pesto from it today!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl. Unblocked it looks great. I can't imagine how awesome it will be once it is blocked.

    Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is so pretty - even without blocking!
    That basil plant is amazing - I have had no luck with growing things this season and am envious of everyone who has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing shawl knit!!! I am guessing the true color is today's post as it was SHOT outside. I love the color of it in today's post.

    I LOVE fresh basil. mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...