Thursday, September 9, 2010

How to Make Iced Tea- Cheap and Easy!

100_3594

So I mentioned on Monday my killer iced tea... So I thought that I'd post up a tutorial! More after the jump.

100_3577
You will need: Sugar, Water, Tea Bags, a pot or tea kettle to boil water in, and a pitcher to put your finished tea in.  My tea kettle is 3 cups and my pitcher is about

Step one: Boil a kettle full of water.  After the water is boiling, you can transfer it to a teapot or seep the tea inside the kettle.  I do the second, because, well, I don't see the harm.  If you can put boiling water directly into your pitcher (I can't) feel free to seep the tea in the pitcher.
100_3578
I add three tea bags of my tea, but if you're using your own feel free to experiment :) You also have to consider the size of your kettle vs. the size of your pitcher. I use about 1/3 tea 2/3 water, but it's all up to taste!

100_3579
Step two: Add your sugar to the pticher. I use 1/2 cup, but for sweeter tea you can use up to a cup! For really, really sweet tea... the sky's the limit.

100_3580
Step three: After the tea has cooled, pour it into the pitcher.  Drop the tea bags in as well!

100_3582
Step four: Fill your pitcher up to the fill line with cold water. Make sure your stir it well to mix everything up. Feel free to taste at this point and add more sugar ;)

100_3585
Step five: Chill and serve! I like to add mint to the tea but you could also add lemon. I think it would be super delicious to make fresh mint iced tea... mmm.

100_3588

1 comment:

  1. Mmm Iced tea sounds delicious right about now. Thanks for the tutorial =3

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...