Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Do you see that!?!

There! Do you see it?
100_3732
100_3734

How about now?

 


It's a purl bump! How did that get there...? I mean, in a row a stockinette? Really, purl bump, who are you trying to fool? Who let you in my nice, neat little instep?

Thankfully it's an easy fix! Just rip back that row to the mess-up...

100_3735

... Then some magic happens...

100_3736

... Then everything's okay. Basically, I purposefully dropped the stitches, then picked then up with my needles. There's a tutorial that explains this here.

Sometimes knitting is so much like life.  Things happen, but if you know a little trick, you can fix them.  If you don't know a trick, start again. If you can't start again, live with it.  This little triumph over a rogue purl stitch, and an A+ on a lab that I got back today, makes me feel much happier with how my quarter is going!

Oh, how are the socks? They're FABULOUS! I'm pretty confident nothing will keep me from finishing them before Christmas :)

100_3740

Plus, Hooks and Needles tonight! Boo-yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...