Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Weekend in Photos (so far)

Today has been super jam-packed with action! For one, my brother dearest goes off to college this week, so we had a family get-together with hotdogs, hamburgers, and brats.  Also involved were about 8 dozen assorted cupcakes.
100_3506
My aunt got these gorgeous cupcake displays!
IMG_6180
Vases with fresh cut flowers :)

Besides awesome food, I finished something last night! I can't show pictures because it's going into a swap, but I can give a teaser photo:


Also, I got to start another swap project! I can't wait to make this, since it's going to be... AWESOME.  Already, the more I talk about it, the more tempted I am to reveal.  So no more of that! I'm still chugging along on the factory.  The main body is done, and so are the things that go in and out of the factory. All that's left is a replacement panel on the side of the body of the machine.  Whoo hoo!

We also let Lotus run free in one of our garden boxes.  It was a closely supervised freedom, of course, with photos. I had visions of my cute little hedgie among the flowers, but she had different ideas.  She rolled in the dirt and anointed herself with it, which was still cute! Then she hid under the lilies, digging and chasing bugs.  She got one at one point!
100_3479

She was so dirty afterwards though! I'm happy my mom and aunt don't use fertilizers or any other additives in their soil, so my happy hedgie can roll in it.  She was super excited to get dirty... dunno how she'll feel about a bath that's coming though! This picture illustrates half the horror.
100_3482

It was hard to get good ones, she was running around so!

100_3498


And then when we picked her up, she was grumpy again.
100_3500

Maybe next time I'll get some pics with flowers and some lovely grass! I can dream.

Oh, also... I finally took pictures of the owls! My plan is to start test knitting sometime this week. I have to get in touch with the few people that have mentioned test knitting to me, but I think that it's the more the merrier.  If you're interested, let me know :)
IMG_6174

6 comments:

  1. I'll gladly test-knit the owls for you! They are super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the luck!

    I have been so anxious these last few days, it constantly feels like I am going to throw up >.<

    Hopefully the husband and I will hear back from the bank by tomorrow afternoon!

    (And I can start planning for where exactly I am going to keep all my crafty stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;; Lotus is so adorable. You make me not-so-secretly want a hedgehog now.

    Those owls are super cute, oh man. I think I'll be down for test knitting them =3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I'd definitely help with the test knitting! I promise to be good and follow the directions, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be a test knitter! I love that sort of thing. And those are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures! They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...