Saturday, April 2, 2016

Do you ever just wish you could go back in time...

... and smack your past self upside the head?

20160326_084603
Also, I had to untangle it.

I've had this mystery yarn in my stash for a long, long time. I could have sworn that I bought it at my first Rhinebeck, but it's not in the post where I took pictures of my haul. Then I remembered I used it for a project in summer 2010. But I never posted where I bought it! I'm so annoyed. I could've sworn this was good stuff - I remember winding it from the hank. But since I can't PROVE to myself  that it is, I can't get a twofer for this project!

20160402_090901
Late night progress photo on our kitchen island.

It's going really fast, so I can't complain! I'm making Matchstick Socks, by a lady that I've followed for a long time, Sara at knottygnome. When this pattern came out in 2010, I remember thinking "I wish I had the money to spend on this..."  Well, now I do! :)

20160402_091019

The pattern looks so nice with the painted part of the yarn. It's just ok for the stripey part that's solid, but that's kind of what I expected. It's going great, and I love it. Like I knew I would!

My past self... I could like a little more.

20160401_171314

In other news, it's spring! The lilac at my back door has baby leaves! And last night, we had a thunderstorm! It was so nice to sit on the porch and watch it roll in. 

16in2016
  1. Knit something for charity.
  2. Knit something just for yourself.
  3. Knit something you can finish in a weekend. Then spend the weekend working on it!
  4. Knit something that's been in your queue forever. (Can be a Ravelry queue or just something you've been wanting to try.)
  5. Knit something and then yarn bomb somewhere! (Be sure to get permission. I'm going to do something on my own property.)
  6. Knit something that uses a technique you've never done before.
  7. Knit something silly. (There are so many possibilities!)
  8. Knit something to give to someone as a thank-you. Everyone has someone that they can thank for something!
  9. Knit something useful.
  10. Knit something that uses a vintage pattern. 
  11. Knit something that uses game knitting
  12. Knit something from a pattern you tried before but gave up on. I have a lot of these!
  13. Knit something from a pattern that you tried before and loved. I have some of these...
  14. Knit something that uses indie yarn.
  15. Knit something with someone else (through a knit along, mystery knit, etc.)
  16. Knit something from a pattern that you buy. Spend money on a book, magazine, or independent pattern!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the Cascade that I had for that keyhole scarf I just made a few months ago. I got the yarn in Florida. I'll have to find the label for you

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...