Saturday, August 10, 2013

This is why I don't make myself wearables...

... Taking photos of your project in action is so frustrating!

IMG_2082

I thought that it would be a good idea to model my finished shawl. I worked on it for a long time, and when I unpinned it, it just looked so beautiful.  I couldn't find a good place in my apartment to stand by.  The bed? The stove? Pu-LEASE.  I finally settled on in front of my shower curtain.  I took one picture and thought "Wow, really? This is the best I can do?"

So, I went outside and set my camera up on a timer.  Then my neighbor came outside and distracted me.

IMG_2084

After I talked with her, I realized that the picture I wanted to do was dumb.  So I tried another one.

IMG_2104
SUNLIGHT! This is what happens when you can only take photos between the hours of 4 and 6 PM

So I gave up on the self-timer because I was beginning to feel incredibly self-conscious. So then I played around and just took selfies.

IMG_2119

Then Dan came home and I put the shawl in the bathroom window and went to check on dinner... and noticed I had burnt part of dinner.  Oops.

IMG_2136

But the funny thing is, he went to wash his hands and said "I like the shawl there over the window."

So, there it will stay for now, I guess.  I kinda like it too!

IMG_2133

3 comments:

  1. I Love it on you. .love each image. Over the window is just gorgeous though

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! And so are you! I love how long your hair is getting, the last time you posted a picture of yourself, it was shorter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawl! I hate taking knitwear selfies, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...