Saturday, October 6, 2012

An Update

It's midterm week here at school, and I actually have midterm exams! Two in one day, actually, on Monday.  On top of this I still have work and my grad project and my second job and a mountain of tiny things that I can't believe I'm still doing like going to the gym and washing my clothes and showering.  Yes, it's so bad I'm wondering things like "It's Saturday, I bet if I put my hair back in a ponytail no one will notice that I didn't shower today and then I could use that time to fill out that job application."

So now that I've got that "I'm a grad student pity me" rant/excuse for not being more active out of the way, I can show you my knitting stuff! Most of my knitting has been in class, meaning the only thing I can really work on is my plain old stockinette socks - which I've made progress on, but now I'm at an impasse!

IMG_1133

The only thing I have left to do on it is cast off and work the afterthought heel - and both require actually looking at what you're doing.  So, instead of sitting down at knitting club and doing that, I sat down at knitting club and cast on for a new project! A scarf for Dan. 

IMG_1134

It's going to be in a herringbone pattern made from knits and purls.  I managed to not actually knit herringbone three different times during the two-hour meeting because my head just isn't on straight. So, I added making a chart to my to-do list today.  Maybe then I will have 4 patterns that are pretty much publishable instead of three...  

2 comments:

  1. I love the color of your socks! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the cartoon!!! Love the socks.........really keep at them, they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...