Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Project Diversion

20160713_181858


Sometimes you get pulled into knitting things for people. Usually I can resist, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the folks at my knitting circle. They are so nice, and mean so well... and well they're really persistent.

Here's how the conversation went:
Her: "Oh I'd like to knit my new great grand-daughter a baby blanket. Do you have a pattern for that?"
Me: "Sure! Here's a really easy one!"
Her: "Oh lovely! Here are the needles and yarn! Can you start it for me?"
Me: "Ok! It's a really easy pattern."

Next week
"Oh, this is so tough, my hands just aren't the way they were when I was younger. Can you show me again?"
"Sure!"

Next week
"Hey, I noticed you haven't really worked on your baby blanket. Everything ok?"
"Oh, it's just your work looks so much better than mine! Can you work on it today?"
"Sure!"

Next week
"Again? Listen, is it ok if I take this home and work on it?"

And now I have this pretty thing.  Made with Red Heart! Hopefully the new owner likes it.

20160713_182002

6 comments:

  1. I just want to say I’m new to blogs and seriously loved this web site. Probably I’m likely to bookmark your blog post . You really have great stories. Regards for revealing your web site.

    Linux Training in Chennai Velachery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about starting a community blanket of sorts, for my son. Everyone could work on a few rows here or there, or make a square and I could sew all the squares together. I haven't decided yet but I need to before my baby shower lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go the square route, get someone else to sew them together! That's such a pain :( Unless you like sewing squares, in which case, email me your address and I will send you one! :)

      Delete
  3. Your blanket is beautiful, and Red Heart is a great choice. Machine washable for babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually shy away from Red Heart, but this yarn was nice and soft because I washed it, and you can't beat acrylic for babies :)

      Delete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...