Saturday, October 4, 2014

The End is Here!!

I couldn't work on my Haruni shawl for a long, long time.  It sat in my bedroom, in it's awesome case, forlorn and alone.

But then I decided to just go for it. 

And here we are.

20141004_150402

I knew I wouldn't be able to make it, and I was right, I didn't...

Only hope now is to frog back and make the overall shawl shorter.  I'm going to go back one repeat of the chart, and if I mess up I'm just going to wind the whole thing up into a cake and cry.

It's a dark, dismal day and I've been feeling really down. I still have a lot of stuff I need to do though, for work, sadly... It will be really fun to do but I'm setting everything up. Lately at work I have just felt like Henny Penny. People want me to do things, (things that shouldn't even be my problem, really, since they're not even remotely connected to EHS) but no one wants to lend a hand and help me do them, and when I feel overwhelmed, of course the only thing to do is work alone at home on a Saturday night.  But the feeling of getting it done will be really good, just like the feeling of finishing this scarf. 

So I'm going to do it ;) (Both the work and the knitting.)

4 comments:

  1. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that you don't end up pulling the whole shawl out. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you so many hugs and am crossing my fingers for you hon ;;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! You go girl :D get your business done, power through and make sure yo treat yourself to something really special at the end because you deserve it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/07/04/i_cant_stand_to_watch.html

    This bind off could totally help you. It seriously uses NO yarn to do!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...