Sunday, January 12, 2014

Knitting for a Nerdy Baby

I've known this for a while, but my friend from college is pregnant! With a little girl! Their nursery is "nerd themed" so I've been really inspired to make lots of cute things for them.  I figured I would post my list of ideas so that I would be able to come back to it.

  1. A knit Dalek.  I'm actually working on this one, and it's going really well!
  2. A star trek inspired baby cardi.  I have red yarn, and can embroider a little symbol on the front... so it will be a baby red shirt!! (As cool as this is, I mentioned ST to her and they're not really trekkies, so I'll save it for another time.)
  3. A baby jayne hat - though I know if Dan sees me knitting this he'll want one :P
  4. A little princess leia hat.
  5. Actually, a little leia outfit would be cute! And it would be easy.
  6. A knit Bantha - OMG SO CUTE!!!!1ONE  I would pay for this pattern.
  7. She mentioned a knit tardis.  But that's too easy! Maybe a Tardis diaper genie cover? Hmmm.
  8. A baby-sized little jedi costume.
  9. I want to do a blanket out of all these - but in yellow and green, because she told me ages ago that she liked those two colors.   That just screams "Waaaayyyy too ambitious" though... right? No... yes.  No... yes... stop!
  10. A wookie doll.  Here's a crochet one, but I would make a knit one.  Too bad, I just gave away a bunch of hideous fun fur that would have looked good like this!
  11. A stuffed ewok! I couldn't find a pattern for one, but they would be easy to do.
  12. A little ewok cowl/hat - here's a crochet version, it would be easy to make a knit one.
Anyway, those were just rattling in my head, I had to get them out! Have a good Sunday!



4 comments:

  1. Too me it seems the Leia hat (and maybe outfit) should be the priority. lol Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome friend you are! I love the Princess Leia hat - it's one I've been planning to make for Addy forever.
    The Tardis diaper pail cover has me giggling... I always wished our diaper pail really was bigger on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the baby would be pleased with any one of those :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something from Big Bang theory?????

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...