Sunday, March 3, 2013

Obligatory Post of Photos from my Trip

So, my first week of training has been AWESOME.  I've had a few moments that I would describe as "adventurous," where I almost had panic attacks, but that's par for the course when I travel far, end up in a completely new place, and meet a ton of people.

IMG_1533

The biggest of those moments was a week ago, when Dan's car broke down on the way to the airport.  I'm happy that I took the time to immortalize the event with my camera, because now it just seems really funny. Did I mention that my flight left during a blizzard? They got about six inches of snow between 6AM and noon.

You can click through to see my other photos (I figured I would break up the post so that people with feedreaders didn't have to suffer through a long string of photos that they didn't want to see.)

I don't have a lot of skyline views... I'll have to fix that this week!

IMG_0991

The view from my hotel room is not that stellar. And what is up with Cub Foods? Is this really where people in the Midwest get food? The one I went in seemed worse than the grossest, cheapest places in my hometown.  I like this night shot that I took though. It doesn't look like an amazing place, but I think it looks slightly cooler. 
IMG_1542


There was a pawn shop where tablets were only $50! Holy crap! I was really tempted, but I'm going to have to get a new computer soon, and I think I'll get a tablet instead.  Plus, I do really really love books.
IMG_0962

One of the places I went cut this snowflake out of sheet metal with a laser.  How boss is that?
IMG_0973

We went to the Mall of America, but just to eat.  I think I'm going to go after class next week to shop around and buy souvenirs!
IMG_0992

A few of us went to this place called SkyZone (why have I never heard of this before!?) where you pay to jump around on a bunch of trampolines.  I took a picture of the cool shoes I got to wear.
IMG_1004

Art I saw:
IMG_0963
IMG_0993

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a good time on your trip in spite of the shaky start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go to Cub foods - Rainbow is usually better, Super Target even better, and if you want to get fancy, hit up Byerly's or Kowalski's.
    The Mall of America is insane - enter at your own risk :)
    Don't miss the Minneapolis Institute of Arts - one of the best art museums in the country, and it's FREE!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...