Well, today is my 21st birthday. As of this moment, my plans are:
- Get my free Grand Slam at Denny's for breakfast
- Get my free burger from Ruby Tuesday's for lunch (I'm in the birthday club :) )
- After work, buy some booze and sit at home with Lilac, watching Hulu.
- Maybe make birthday cupcakes if I have energy.
It's tough, having your first birthday far from home. My dad and brother came out, bringing all the stuff I left home, so that was a gift in itself! Extra clothes, towels, and now I can boil water, gee whizz! My mom also sent up my entire yarn stash, and a some succulents for my dark apartment.
She also sent a nice little pot for Lilac, which was happily devoured - she's now working on a basket. I'm thinking of buying some cat grass for her to munch on, but I don't know if she'll like it. I guess if she doesn't I can just put it out on my porch.
Anyway, like I said, it's kind of a bummer spending such a major birthday alone with no friends or family. So here's some pictures of Lilac.
|"What's this, Slave?"|
|I call this one "SOON."|
|This one is just scary!|
|Tuckered out after a hyperactive bun run.|
I got some nice presents, but mostly cards or money that I'm going to use to buy stuff I need. I have a short list of stuff I want, and I'm putting up here so I can remember... though I probably will never buy these things XD
(From top to bottom, left to right)
- Garnet Mitts for the Summer Bead Along - I already have the yarn and beads! (Yes, I totally gave up on my bed design- that was SO doomed from the start!
- A new battery charger for my camera... =__=
- Marlene Socks. I HAD the issue of Knit.1 that these were in, but I lost it somehow. That was the most AMAZING issue of a magazine I'd every bought, with a ton of great patterns.
- Blackbird Shawl. I just love it. I don't know what to say when I look at it.
- Chameleon by Hansi Singh, to make for Stephanie, who lost her chameleon to kidney problems...
- Crafty Detour's CSI Most wanted... honestly, I've been waiting to buy this!
- A 65 pack of felt squares from Lupin Handmade - a great blog, and they sell rainbows!
- This bag from Rue 21. It's the bag I've been looking for!
- This shawl - though, the more I look at it, the more I think I could rig something up that was similar.