Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas is Almost Here - and the Knitting is Almost Done!

IMG_0721
Yes, that's right - I finished my brother's slipper socks. 

I cast off for the second sock, wove in all the ends, and knitted up the heels while at Ash's house for an awesome slumber party :)  We ate delicious beef stew, hot cocoa, and raspberry peppermint jello with whipped cream! Oh, and of course, did girly stuff like read magazines, laugh at reality TV, and hang out with the best bunny on the planet:
IMG_0698
(Okay, I didn't have my camera with me last night, so this is a picture of Sammy from last week, when I picked him up from the vet.)

IMG_0727
I also got some work done on the sample for my January pattern - and cast on for a new knit toy! It's about time I started working again to bring my designs to life.

IMG_0723
I've also started saving loose ends for the Totally Useless Stitch Along from It's Daffycat! I thought about waiting until the new year, but while digging through my bag today I found these yarn bits, and I figured that I might as well - I have a bit of a disadvantage to cross-stitchers, since I don't have as many ends (but, they are bigger... hmm.)

Anyway, if you're interested in joining, you should check it out here! It'll be a lot of fun, and there will be PRIZES! There are already 75 bloggers participating, which is exciting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing TUSAL too. Can't wait to see everyone's pretty jars!

    Your brother's socks turned out great. I love that color combo.

    And that bunny --- too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vikings socks?? I'm planning to use the same colors for my BF's Christmas stocking - for the Vikings.. .
    You just made me commit to this scrap yarn container thing - Now I need to find a glass container...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...