Sunday, April 11, 2010

ROCHESTER! AWESOME!

So, I'm in the Flour City for my three year anniversary with my sweetheart, and I just thought I'd share two of Rochester's finest places to go.  If you're ever in Rochester, check these places out!!

Artisan Works --   http://www.artisanworks.net/

Basically, this place is Warehouse 13 for art.  They've taken a bunch of old warehouse spaces and crammed them full of every cool work of art they could find.  There are artists working on pieces, and a bunch of stuff for sale.  They also have a rooftop garden, and you can reserve spaces for parties and such -- though I'm not too happy about that because we missed the ENTIRE second floor because of a godforsaken party.  When they're only open to the public three days a week, you'd think they'd have the courtesy to post that a large portion of the place is inaccesible due to an event.   But anyway! Overall, I'd give Artisan Works 9/10, and say that anyone who visits Rochester should see this place! It may not be the best place to bring small children, but, hey, what art gallery is?

Dogtown --    http://www.dogtownhots.com/

They sell hot dogs.  Delicious, gourmet hot dogs on baguettes.  I have eaten here at least 7 times now, and I've never gotten food I didn't like.  Even their veggie dogs are good, really, fake hotdogs... good! If you don't go anywhere else in Rochester but Dogtown, I doubt anyone that's eaten there would give you funny looks.

So, I had a good anniversary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...