Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nature's First Green

So, I am home for the weekend and having a blast.  This morning I volunteered with Friends of the Chemung River Watershed.  It was great weather for trash picking!

These people are enjoying a nice Saturday under the pretense of picking up trash.

The leaves on the trees in Upstate New York are gorgeous this weekend.  I was driving home yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking about the poem:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. 

The trees look like they're ready to burst full of leaves, and so many plants are out.  On our cleanup, we came across a huge patch of trout lilies, coming up out of the soil. The garden at my Dad's has Forget-Me-Nots blooming, my favorite flower! Here are some of my favorite pics from today:









I got to sit in the backyard with Jackson, who is super huge! Do you remember him? He's like a tiger now.  I got to take a bunch of photos of him, which I like.  I will probably be taking a bunch more photos in the future, the weather has really raised my spirits! Even now, the night is mysterious and drizzly, like in an old fashioned crime radio show.
A regal tiger cat.

I'm making earrings, and knitting tons more hearts for Karen's Walk this weekend! Gwaaaaahhh. Back to work! *whip cracks*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...