Sunday, January 24, 2016

My First 16in2016 Project!

... It's a hurricane hat!

20160120_171851


I made this hat almost 6 years ago, and remembered how easy and fast it knit up. When I was frustrated with my Marlene socks last week, I was fantasizing about an easy, quick knit, so I banged this out in a day. I used some nice Madelintosh that I had in my stash from a failed design.

The only problem? I have no idea what to do with it.

I need to send W a package, I have a series of books I think he's like and a flash drive of hedgehog photos. I guess I'll send him this, too. If he's still wearing his old hat, it might be a little worn by now. Maybe he needs a new one. Maybe he'll just throw it out. Doesn't mean I didn't have a good time knitting it.

Anyway, I'm happy to cross off something from my 16in2016 list!
  1. Knit something for charity.
  2. Knit something just for yourself.
  3. Knit something you can finish in a weekend. Then spend the weekend working on it!
  4. Knit something that's been in your queue forever. (Can be a Ravelry queue or just something you've been wanting to try.)
  5. Knit something and then yarn bomb somewhere! (Be sure to get permission. I'm going to do something on my own property.)
  6. Knit something that uses a technique you've never done before.
  7. Knit something silly.
  8. Knit something to give to someone as a thank-you. Everyone has someone that they can thank for something!
  9. Knit something useful.
  10. Knit something that uses a vintage pattern. 
  11. Knit something that uses game knitting
  12. Knit something from a pattern you tried before but gave up on.
  13. Knit something from a pattern that you tried before and loved.
  14. Knit something that uses indie yarn.
  15. Knit something with someone else (through a knit along, mystery knit, etc.)
  16. Knit something from a pattern that you buy. Spend money on a book, magazine, or independent pattern!

3 comments:

  1. 15 more to go. The hat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat! I made one just last year as well, with some Red Heart Soft in that blue and brown colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great 16 in 16 list!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...