Monday, February 9, 2015

Reeses Pieces Socks Finished!

IMG_3277

I finished them over the weekend, and I have to say I love the yarn.  They knit up so well, and the stripes are STRIPEY and fun. I couldn't resist just using plain stockinette.  The fabric is so lovely as is, I didn't want to muddle it with a pattern (but that's how I feel about most self-striping yarn!)

IMG_3280

IMG_3282

I knit them two at a time, and just kept knitting until I felt my calves were too big.  I could have increased the number of stitches and kept going, but I just didn't want to. I felt like it was the right length.

One thing I love about this yarn is that the striping pattern isn't mirrored - so the socks don't quite match. One sock was knit from one end, the other from the other, so the stripes don't line up and they have a mismatched look!

IMG_3284

The pair was 70 grams, which means I am just short of making a third sock! Though that might be for the best, since 3 socks of the same would confuse me down the line. 

If you're interested, I bought the yarn from the Revelations of a Delusional Knitter.  Her blog is here, and her shop is here!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! I saw the post title in my blogroll and just about squealed!! Very cool! I'll be dyeing again in the future ... we had some renovations (more like de-construction) done in the house and I don't have a space right now and can't use outside at the moment .... you know 3-4 feet of snow ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I'm happy to see you posting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha those socks are making my moth water- I love reeses pieces!! :p xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...