Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WOW. These socks are... just... taking... FOREVER.

IMG_1774

Does anyone want some yarn?  I think I want to burn this. 

The problem this time was that I cast on too many stitches.  I just couldn't recoup!

Maybe after a break these socks will behave... or maybe I just need the right pattern.  I'm starting to hate this yarn.  With a passion.  The color variations are so severe that normal stitch patterns don't show up, but so short that patterns that are made for varigated yarn aren't accented.  It's so horrible!


6 comments:

  1. Oh no! Try a plain sock, maybe? I'm knitting my Fiasco sock without any patterning on the leg and foot, just a garter stitch cuff, heel, and toe to give it interest and stockinette for the rest.

    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/shoelaceswitcher/fiasco-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I would do a stockinette sock or use it for a shawl like Hitchiker or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all those jeweled tones are deceivingly lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like maybe it just wants to be a plain sock. That's what I had to do with the travelling sock. I was going to do Blueberry Waffle and even THAT was too busy.

    The yarn is too pretty to let it go. Give it a try with just some plain old socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a linen stitch 'something'. Then the colors are okay all broken up. I love those colors. There must be something for it. :) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give the Aquaphobia Socks (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aquaphobia-socks) a shot, as the pattern was designed to break up pooling. It's mostly slipped stitches, so there's not much patterning to be obscured, but it's a bit more exciting than a vanilla sock. I was also just looking at Twisted from an old issue of Knitty (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twisted-8) that might work for those colors, too.

    Then again, it might just not want to be socks, and something like a Hitchhiker might be the way to go, like the Delusional Knitter suggested.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...