Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saggy Heels - What do I do?


I'm kind of blown away by how big Dan's sock is.  It's as long as my forearm!

I wasn't sure what kind of heel to make, so I went with an afterthought heel because I have LOVED how they feel on me.  So, I knit away at this new afterthought heel, and I kitchnered it up...



And it's too big! :(



It's baggy, saggy, and gross! I'm not quite sure what to do, since it's definitely the right number of stitches for the gusset.  Maybe a radial decrease? Can you do that?  My thought is "I don't see why not" but I really would rather do something that's been done before before I try to un-vent something.

3 comments:

  1. WEll I Love it. Saggy or not..perhaps a good washing…..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is his foot actually in the sock in that last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried an after thought heel. I've done short rows and the fleegle heel (I think that's what it's called). Anything with sewing involved I try to stay away from. I always feel like I'm not doing it right. I still have yet to master the right length at where you start you heel ( starting at the toe up.)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...