Monday, October 21, 2013

Rhinebeck Recap 2013

I was lucky enough to be able to meet up with my mom and Ash this year and go to Rhinebeck! My mom is a travelling nurse, and she's staying in Hyde Park... so naturally we said "Hey, mooooomm... would you mind letting us stay in your apartment and doing nothing but talk about knitting for the weekend?" And, weirdly enough, she said yes!

So, Ash and I met up on Friday, ate dinner, and we blocked our Rhinebeck projects out on my mom's carpet while watching really bad horror.

 IMG_2374

Then, on Saturday, we realized neither of us had a yarn needle, so we ended up kitchnering the armpits of her sweater and weaving in the ends with a bobby pin.  I felt the most clever I had ever been, and she took this picture of my hands that "look like the light of god is shining down on you." Not my words!

IMG_2379

IMG_2385

So, we perused all the crafts and yarn and demos, and I didn't really see anyone famous, sadly.  The past few times, I've seen someone that I've known online (whose blog I follow) but have been too shy to say hello.  I don't want to be a creep! I did meet some lovely sheep though.

IMG_2527

IMG_2547

I spent more money this weekend then I have any month this year on personal stuff.  I feel almost ashamed! In addition to yarn, I bought:
1.) A 2013 tote bag
2.) A basket (I'll use it for other stuff besides knitting!!)
3.) Boy scout popcorn
4.) A hat that my mom and Ash said looked cute on me
5.) 2 project bags
6.) A bouquet of sweet annie, whatever that is - it smells so good!
7.) 3 magazines

Ash and I also started on some socks.  There was a booth that was winding yarn into skeins for a fee - it was awesome! 

IMG_2434

And I managed to finish the toe - it's Rainbow by Steam Valley Fiber.  Here's a closeup:

IMG_2467

Have you ever been to Rhinebeck? What did you get? Did you go this year? If you did, why didn't we meet up!? I'll kick myself :)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like your made some pretty nice purchases.

    I've never been to Rhinebeck. It sure looks like fun. Maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul!! And good your mom let you tag along! One day I'll make it to Rhinebeck

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you got some great stuff! i have only been to rhinebeck once. i hope to make it back someday but i'm not a huge fan of crowds so i'm unlikely to be in regular attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn for that toe looks amazing! I went last year and was super sad not to go this year. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been to Rhine! I want the blue and the purple yarns.. THank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go every year....it was a ton of fun this year because of the meetups...but boy was it crowded on Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...