Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Glimpse into the Design Notebooks

Lots of fun things are happening around here, which I'll be able to blog about later in the week, but for now I thought I'd share something very personal... my design notebooks.
100_3861
This book was started when I was still in high school (over 4 years ago!) The title of the book became the title of my old knitting blog. It has some great ideas...
100_3859
Kitten mittens and a not so bad hat.
100_3860
;)

My current book is a bit smaller.
100_3874
It also has some great ideas... but some of them are in progress, or I looked them up and there are patterns that do the same durn thing... or I just don't feel like making them.
100_3869
Yes, my original owl design had colorwork... but it didn't look good at all!
100_3871
Moustache Mittens! Teehee.

I also do a lot of doodling on papers... in class...
100_3864
Trying to figure out mittens for W... but they're all girly.
100_3868
Pokemon schematics! My mom really wants a Meowth...
100_3867
Pikachu schematics :)
100_3866
Sometimes I'll draw the same thing obsessively...

There are also some horrible, horrible ideas.
100_3863
Can you imagine how terrifying these would look? Baklavas are scary enough.
100_3873
This sweater turned out HORRIBLY.

And then there are doodles of the cats that lived in my neighborhood in Sidney.
100_3872

I have so many pages and pages of ideas... I think if I dropped out of school and just knit, I'd be 100 before I made them all!

2 comments:

  1. I want a Meowth too. I've been playing Pokemon Red a lot, and my Meowth just evolved into a Persian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love seeing your sketches! =) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...