Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mittens... um, Fail?

So I fell in love with this beautiful pattern from Interweave. It came into my inbox and I was like "zomg! Mommy gloves!" I will not mention the name of the pattern, to protect the innocent... But it's in my ravelry list as frogged, soo... you wouldn't have to look far *wink wink*

Well, on Thursday I cast on for them, and started worked the cuff. It seemed a little big. As in, 8 inches in circumference. I was like "Okay, maybe it'll tighten up..." To put it in perpective, my wrist is 5 inches in circumference at the thinnest part, and 6 at the thickest. Mommy's got about an inch on me. Even with the shrinking ability of ribbing, these baby's were going to sag.

Then I thought "Maybe my guage is off- that's not new." I knit up a swatch. My guage was spot-on...I guess the pattern was just made for a chunky hand. This depresses me immensely, as it's already knit on size one's, and I'm too lazy to fuck with the swatch with size 0s and below, and I didn't feel like remaking the lovely colorwork that I fell in love with...

The lesson? If you're making a pattern, include the measurements. It would save tiny peoples like me time... say, four days? Thanks, Interweave. Way to not win.

On the plus side, I finished the Dude socks :) And, I'm using the yarn from the glove fail to make a double knit patch that may or may not be part of a quilt someday. (Look at my pretty color work! Be awed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...