Monday, October 27, 2008

It's like you're telling me I can't BREATHE.

So, this past week has been incredibly frustrating for me. My right wrist has been pretty much immobile, I've been forced to eat tons of food while taking about 1800 mg of ibuprofen a day, and on top of that, I can't knit, write, draw, or even really carry things. These experiences have helped me learn a lot about myself, including:
  • I am a tactile learner; I learn best when I take notes and outline readings.
  • I can only eat so much food in a day before I feel miserable.
  • I knit when I'm stressed out.
So, what do these things tell you? I'm sick to my stomach, my grades are dropping, and I'm really irritable... at anything,

I feel like a huge chunk of my life has been taken away. I can't knit; I can't draw out ideas for knit things; I can't write a depressing poem about how I feel; heck, it hurts to write up homework assignments. Knitting is just the tip of the iceberg: basic functions like brushing my hair or eating something that requires a knife and fork are painful to do, and I don't really want to stoop to the level of forcing people around me to help me take care of myself. It's not like I'm dying of cancer...

Moral of story: pity me. And, if you don't see a really happy post sometime next month with the subject matter along the lines of "Yay, look, I'm knitting!" Assume that I've committed suicide from being utterly and totally useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...